With the government's HomeBuilder grants extended from January through March 2021, now is the perfect time to launch a home construction or renovation project!
Systembuilt is one of Australia's leading lightweight home builders with over 35 years experience in the industry. Our commitment to excellence in design and engineering is carried through to our uncompromising demand for the use of quality materials and workmanship.
What is the HomeBuilder Grant?
HomeBuilder is a government grant of $15,000 or $25,000 payable to eligible homeowners who either build a new home or substantially renovate an existing home in 2020 or 2021. To qualify, homeowners need to either build a new home valued under $750,000 or spend $150,000 to $750,000 on renovations of a property valued at no more than $1.5M.
The HomeBuilder grant is only available on building contracts signed between 4 June 2020 and 31 March 2021, and construction must begin within 3 months of the contract date.
The value of the grant is $25,000 where the contract is signed between 4 June 2020 and 31 December 2020, or $15,000 where the contract is signed between 1 January 2021 and 31 March 2021.
Do I qualify for the HomeBuilder scheme?
To qualify for the HomeBuilder grant you must:
- Own, or be buying a property, in your individual name and not under the name of a company or trust.
- Be an Australian Citizen; the scheme is not available to non-residents, permanent residents or New Zealand Citizens.
- Be earning below an income cap. If applying for the grant as an individual, your 2018-2019 tax return (or later) must be below $125,000. If you're applying as a couple, your combined income must be below $200,000.
- Sign a building contract after 4th June 2020 and before 31st December though a licensed or registered builder. This means that you cannot be an owner builder or use a contract from earlier in the year, even if construction hasn’t started yet.
- Be (a) building a new property that you will live in as your home, where the total value of the property of the house and land is not more than $750,000 (you cannot use HomeBuilder on an investment property); or (b) substantially renovate your existing residence, spending between $150,000 and $750,000 on a property valued at not more than $1,500,000. Any renovations need to "improve the accessibility, livability and safety" of your home and cannot be used to build things outside of the house, such as a swimming pool or shed.
- Begin construction or renovation within 3 months of the building contract date.
Can I combine the HomeBuilder grant with the First Home Owners Grant?
Yes -- depending on which state you're in, you could combine these on the purchase or constructions of your first home for a total grant benefit of up to $45,000.
How can Systembuilt help me?
Systembuilt provides home construction services and has 35 years experience in the industry. We’ve created systems that ensure our homes are completed in every detail, from start to finish, and on time and within budget.
We believe in producing homes that warm the heart and soothe the soul, both in their design and construction.
Our homes comply with all relevant Australian Building codes, are covered by a three (3) month defect liability period and a five (5) year warranty on all structural components.
Sorry, the HomeBuilder Grant is no longer available.
Please call Systembuilt today on 1300 073 995 for your design and construction needs.